The Lafayette College Technology Clinic is an academic program that engages small groups of students, nominated by professors and mentored by two faculty facilitators. Over the course of two semesters the Technology Clinic team works together on imaginative solutions to real-world problems presented to the team by clients.
- Past teams have worked on projects involving sustainability, improving traffic patterns, medical records, pandemic planning, drunk driving, urban ecology, riverside landscapes and issues of health and nutrition for local governments, NGOs and corporate sponsors.
- The make-up of each team is deliberately interdisciplinary, with members selected from sciences, social sciences, engineering, and humanities.
- Since the Technology Clinic’s founding in 1986, the course has offered its participants rewarding experiences through projects that emphasize problem-solving, inter-personnel and consulting skills.
- While much of the exploration is done outside the classroom, the team meets at least twice a week, to share information, discuss ideas and determine assignments for subsequent weeks – everyone makes different contributions each week.
- This requires both an independence as well as a dependence on the group to devise imaginative solutions for the client.
Enrollment in Tech Clinic, usually offered in two sections each year, is very competitive. Students rate it among their most interesting and valuable experiences at the College.
Clients and Sponsors
We are always looking for new and intellectually interesting projects. If you have an idea for a project to sponsor, please contact:
Lawrence Malinconico, Director of the Technology Clinic.
Presentations & Announcements
Traveling through Time and Space: Bringing Geology to Lives Inside and Outside the Da Vinci Center: F'14-S'15
Tuesday December 2, 2014, 4:30pm
Room 108, Van Wickle Hall, Lafayette College
Cultivating Ideas, Habits and Seedlings" Greenhouse Redevelopment and Integrated Programming at Bangor Area High School: S'14-F'14
Final Report Presentation:
Wednesday December 3, 2014, 5:00pm
School Board Meeting Room, Bangor Area High School